Within sports betting, one of the issues that most interests is to know what the odds of football are bets, the sport par excellence in terms of betting.
Every day there are more people who throw themselves into sports betting, which is why it is interesting to really know what the issues are, the terminologies and what is taken into account when placing bets and making clear the quotas that are handled in this sport.
During the year, in Spain, nearly 4 billion euros were moved, as far as sports betting is concerned.
Thus, knowing the odds helps us to decide in the first place, in which house of sports betting we are more compensated to make the investment of our money. On the other hand, it will also determine the type of bets to be made. Well you know that today there are various forms of betting as is the case for example of combined bets, among others.
In order to set the odds of football bets, the figure of “traders” is used, which sets the real possibilities that there will be one result or another according to the factors that are considered relevant, such as, for example, how the team is doing, the statistics that have been previously of that rival, etc. So what it will do is establish the minimum profit margin that
will be obtained by the bookmaker in order to get that way to have the quota that will be published for that sporting event.
An example is that if there is a 70% chance of a football team winning, a 20% chance of a tie and 10% of the other team winning, a profit margin of 7% is taken for the home team. Bet on the commission and that determines the share of football bets.